an anti-inflammatory drug that does not contain steroids
NSAIDs inhibit the activity of both Cox-1 and Cox-2 enzymes
How To Use nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory In A Sentence
- Compounds containing aspirin or acetaminophen with or without codeine and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are useful for pain control during the acute phase.
- He has a six-month history of taking a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug for tendonitis.
- Corneal abrasions typically heal without serious complications over time with supportive care: ice compresses and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory eye drops.
- Salicylates, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, barbiturates, tetracycline, and sulfonamides are among the drugs most commonly cited as causes of fixed drug reactions.
- They were discharged with specific dietary instructions and were told to avoid aspirin, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and anticoagulants, if possible.
- Specific options for care include the use of acetaminophen, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, and spinal manipulation.
- Symptomatic relief of erythema infectiosum may be provided using nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, antihistamines, and topical antipruritics.
- Skeletal muscle relaxing agents and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are often used but probably are of no more benefit than simple aspirin-based analgesics.
- Sullivan's expert analysts thoroughly examine the following markets: disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs (DMARDs), nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), and biologics. THE MEDICAL NEWS
- Some nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, such as celecoxib (Celebrex) All MayoClinic.com Topics