[ US /nɑnˈstɑɹtɝ/ ]
- a horse that fails to run in a race for which it has been entered
- a person with a record of failing; someone who loses consistently
How To Use nonstarter In A Sentence
- It only takes a cursory look at Einstein's calculations to see that this attempt to relativize rotation is a nonstarter.
- It is obvious that five of the business plans are nonstarters. Times, Sunday Times
- Republicans appear immutably opposed to any kind of legalization program, while omitting such a program is a nonstarter for too many Democrats. Sahil Kapur: Arizona Law Battle Will Further Imperil Immigration Reform
- To give them more power to regulate is a nonstarter," he said.
- Most Russian experts understand that a U. S. -Russian alliance against China is as much of a nonstarter as a Russian-Chinese alliance against the United States.
- This time the option of sharing the pound will be a nonstarter from the off. Times, Sunday Times
- And you might have thought a series on perfume would be a nonstarter. Times, Sunday Times