not capable of or especially not involving speech or spoken lines
had a nonspeaking role in the play
How To Use nonspeaking In A Sentence
- In film terms people on benefits would be credited as 'nonspeaking extras'. Times, Sunday Times
- He wants to be the first nonspeaking autist to go away volitionally to school. Ralph James Savarese: The Silver Trumpet Of Freedom
- Or is it that any bond with a nonspeaking creature is proof of congenital feeble mindedness?
- Pylades is (rather awkwardly) written as a nonspeaking part, and the two silent members of the three-woman Chorus are no little girls, and quite marginal besides.
- The use of electronic augmentative and alternative communication techniques may enable more frequent patient-initiated communication among nonspeaking ICU patients.
- Her version of the production, partly hindered by the absence of the requisite two-tiered set and by her cutting down the nonspeaking roles from six to four, lacks some much-needed bite.
- Therefore, our data most likely underrepresent the communication abilities and communication interactions of nonspeaking seriously ill adults.
- The difference between the East and the West is a difference between the nonspeaking but laboring hands of the East and the expressive and affective culture of the West.
- These findings suggest that anger, fear, and worry are most significant for nonspeaking critically ill patients who are at greatest risk of dying in the ICU.
- The influence of family presence on communication interactions with nonspeaking critically ill patients is an understudied and complex sociopsychological phenomenon.