[ US /ˌnɑnsɛkˈtɛɹiən/ ]
not restricted to one sect or school or party
religious training in a nonsectarian atmosphere
a wide and unsectarian interest in religion
How To Use nonsectarian In A Sentence
- refrain from using Christ's name or title or any other denominational appeal" during invocations and instead use "nonsectarian" names for God. The Washington Times stories: Latest Headlines
- The legislation from Arkansas, known as House Bill 1032, employs the phrase "academic study of the Bible" throughout, stating that the course would be "nonsectarian, nonreligious" and purely an unbiased study of the Bible and its influence on other disciplines. Lee Jefferson: Legislation of Biblical Proportions: Can We Really Have an 'Academic' Study of the Bible in Public Schools?
- The nonsectarian, unaffiliated organization performs in three separate age-based ensembles and includes girls ranging in age from 6 to 17.
- ... unless you believe that "nonsectarian" means "acceptable for all Christians" and that no one who isn't Christian counts. Brilliant at Breakfast
- La Leche League is an international, nonprofit, nonsectarian organization dedicated to providing education, information, support, and encouragement to women who want to breastfeed .
- religious training in a nonsectarian atmosphere
- I'd say there's not technically a civil war because there still is a unity government and there still is what I call a nonsectarian military. CNN Transcript Aug 22, 2006
- nonsectarian colleges
- Siddiqui enhanced her education and training at a school that is described as a nonsectarian Jewish sponsored research university, all the while apparently harboring such flagrant anti-semitic hatred for all Americans and most of all, Jews! NewsBlaze.com Current News - Top Stories
- By consistently quoting the term "academic" in their legislation, the representatives are attempting to legitimate the teaching of the Bible as safely impartial and nonsectarian. Lee Jefferson: Legislation of Biblical Proportions: Can We Really Have an 'Academic' Study of the Bible in Public Schools?