- not resistant
(often followed by `to') likely to be affected with
liable to diabetes
How To Use nonresistant In A Sentence
- It is important to recognize that resistance also affects the treatment of individuals with nonresistant organisms.
- The resistance genes that she and her colleagues are studying can be inserted into nonresistant rice plants to trigger their defenses.
- Because the tomcod is resistant to the toxic effects of PCBs they are able to accumulate the industrial chemical in larger amounts than nonresistant creatures without becoming ill or dying, explained Wirgin. Yahoo! News: Business - Opinion
- Similarly, fruit flies selected to resist the attacks of parasites are less competitive foragers than their nonresistant counter-parts.
- Nonresistant sects, notably Mennonites and Brethren, also developed active forms of pacifism such as humanitarian service for war victims.
- In laboratory tests,the drug was shown to be 30 times more effective than penicillin in nonresistant bacteria and 1,000 times more toxic to resistant bacteria compared to nonresistant bacteria.
- Christ is agape; self - giving, nonresistant love.
- In the presence of nonresistant bacteria,, it acts like a typical antibiotic to block bacterial cell wall synthesis.
- Its lead drug candidate is a new class of cephalosporin antibiotic that provides a two-pronged attack against drug-resistant and nonresistant bacteria.
- However, these resistance-conferring alleles are often accompanied by a reduction in fitness relative to the nonresistant wild type that is exposed in the absence of the selective agent.