[ UK /nˈaɪtɹaɪt/ ]
- the radical -NO2 or any compound containing it (such as a salt or ester of nitrous acid)
How To Use nitrite In A Sentence
- Nitrate reduction is catalysed by nitrate reductase and nitrite reductase.
- Residual heavy metal, nitrate and nitrite don t exceed national standard.
- The presence of nitrite is detected by a colour change to pink upon addition of specific reagents that can be seen visually.
- Phenol can be produced from aniline by reacting aniline with a mixture of sodium nitrite and hydrochloric acid to give benzene diazonium chloride, that when heated gently, gives off nitrogen to leave phenol.
- Maneuvers that cause the click or murmur to occur earlier in systole include standing from the supine position, performing a submaximal isometric handgrip exercise, straining during the Valsalva maneuver and inhaling amyl nitrite.
- The most common ingredients prescribed were iodides, organic nitrites, stramonium, belladonna, atropine, hyoscyamus, tobacco smoke, and menthol.
- The cytokines, in turn, cause the formation of nitric oxide that combines with superoxide to form the potent oxidant peroxynitrite, thus continuing the cycle.
- Dr Rui Jiang, leading the research, said high levels of nitrites are used in cured meats such as bacon as preservatives, anti-bacterial agents and colour fixatives. Too Much Bacon is Bad for Lungs | Impact Lab
- Nitric oxide can react with superoxide anions to produce peroxynitrite anions, thus quenching the biological effects of NO.
- These nitrites then react to form a diazonium salt which in turn reacts with a chromogen to produce the final color.