- a face veil covering the lower part of the face (up to the eyes) worn by observant Muslim women
How To Use niqab In A Sentence
- Land records reviewed by The Wall Street Journal showed that a man using the name Mohammed Arshad Waled Niqab Khan purchased the land for the complex from four sellers for a total of about $50,000 over the course of 2004 and 2005. Debate Rages Over Fate of bin Laden Compound
- The French "burqa" is what we call a niqab, the nunlike skullcap and tight scarf over chin and neck, leaving a half-inch slit for the eyes. Telegraph.co.uk: news, business, sport, the Daily Telegraph newspaper, Sunday Telegraph
- Quebec has banned state employees from wearing burqas, niqabs, yarmulkes or large crucifixes in the workplace. Times, Sunday Times
- However, many Muslim women argue that wearing the niqab is a choice they make as part of their religious practice. Niqabs and hot pants: French women protest the burqa ban
- Many of their womenfolk are clad in traditional head-to-toe black robes, and some wear a niqab, the scarf that covers the face - their appearance contrasting starkly with young local women who favour tight-fitting western clothes.
- France becomes the first country to enforce a ban against the niqab, or Muslim face veil Monday, when new legislation comes into force.
- The plaintiff holds a sincere religious belief that she should wear the niqab in front of all strangers and unrelated Muslim men.
- The tack taken by the majority of posters supporting her right to have a license while in niqab is that as a profession of her religious faith, the government is obliged to support her in this.
- Last week he called the niqab, the form of veil worn in France, "contrary to our values and to the ideals we have of women's dignity". WN.com - Articles related to French Panel Advises Steps to Ban Muslim Veil
- Last week he called the niqab, the form of veil worn in France, FOXNews.com