[ US /ˈnɪhɑn/ ]
- a constitutional monarchy occupying the Japanese Archipelago; a world leader in electronics and automobile manufacture and ship building
How To Use Nihon In A Sentence
- Influenced by such varied traditions as Japanese manga, anime, and classical nihonga painting and Western Pop art, The Photoshop Blog
- I like solitude, but it is not un-lonely; at least I have drink to comfort me, namu nihonshu nyorai. Néojaponisme » Blog Archive » Nyorai
- This claim is highly problematic in that the texts that record the edicts and prayers, in particular, were compiled long after the Nihon shoki in an age Norinaga himself described as permeated by the “Chinese mind” and these forms have their own stylistic conventions. The Kokugaku (Native Studies) School
- Electric Power Upgrades Kailangan nato ka as-built drawing to identify kung hariin kag mga dapat kumpunihon, apang islan ag apakanduon. natural kag generating machine dapat islan. peru dapat ay ruha ka source, usa sa banwa ag usa sa bakhawan. Recently Uploaded Slideshows
- Commonly called sake outside of Japan, nihonshu or sake (note that "sake" is also the general Japanese term for alcohol) is brewed using rice, water and white koji mold as the main ingredients.
- Gin no suzu makunouchi bento - Nihonbashi - Ginmaku "(a box of rice and a variety of side dishes), from Ekibenya Kiwami and retails for Anime Nano!
- Lust - Ambiguity -," by Yasushi Ebihara, who applies classical Japanese "nihonga" brush-painting techniques to themes inspired by advertising and the Internet. Undiscovered Country
- Nihon shoki was advanced by Arai Hakuseki (1657-1725), a shogunal advisor, who rejected the metaphysical readings of these works and argued that they should be read as histories of human events. The Kokugaku (Native Studies) School
- Wisdom, Impression, Sentiment c.1900, Murakami consciously reclaims it in a new iteration by applying traditional nihonga techniques, as well as recasting the realistically rendered nude figures in contemporary manga style. The Full Feed from HuffingtonPost.com
- Known for defining the nihonga style of painting-a technique that blends Japanese traditional ink painting with Western methods-Obata influenced a generation of artists who were part of the California Watercolor Movement in the 1920s and '30s. The Berkeley Daily Planet, The East Bay's Independent Newspaper