[ US /naɪˈdʒɪɹiə/ ]
- a republic in West Africa on the Gulf of Guinea; gained independence from Britain in 1960; most populous African country
How To Use Nigeria In A Sentence
- These include a nice Nigerian guy who sells the best roast chicken around (he did this in Paris as well), a couple of Egyptians and a Tunisian who make great chicken shawarma and a couple of Turkish guys who do the same with beef.
- Nigerians jubilated, that is the truth, even in his compound. Vanguard
- Nigerian government of what it called blatant contempt for the rule of law. ANC Daily News Briefing
- He walks off the pitch to get treatment, Nigeria kick the ball out of play so he can come back on.
- On their way to the 1991 African Cup Winners Cup triumph over BCC Lions of Nigeria, Power beat Rivatex 4-3 on aggregate in the first round.
- A city of northeast Nigeria east of Kano. It is a leather-processing center in the Lake Chad region. Population, 225, 100.
- Imagine what chagrin we can bring to this nation if we were to sneer or giggle at a visiting diplomat from say Nigeria or India!
- Last night, in an address to bishops in Nigeria, Pope John Paul II insisted that priests must live celibate lives and avoid scandalous behaviour.
- ABUJA (AFP) - A plane landed at the presidential wing of Abuja airport amid heavy security Wednesday, after reports that Nigeria's ailing president was returning home WN.com - Articles related to China media accuse Google of violating promises
- Upon entering the dark galleries, one is welcomed by some remarkable exemplars of Nok terracottas and Ife heads on loan from the Nigerian National Museum, Lagos, and the Ife Museum.