- a river flowing from Lake Erie into Lake Ontario; forms boundary between Ontario and New York
How To Use Niagara River In A Sentence
- Canadian and U. S. authorities searched for several hours for her body, but came up instead on Monday morning with the "unidentified human remains of a male" in the lower Niagara River.
- In December eighteen thirty-seven, Canadian soldiers crossed the Niagara River and seized the boat. One American was killed in the fight.
- All the outflow is destined to enter the Niagara River and plunge over the Falls.
- The bucolic countryside along the Niagara River features a large number of wineries and orchards and the road is lined with fruit stands, featuring fresh Ontario produce.
- They made the arduous trek over Indian trails, crossing the Niagara River to settle in what we now call Ontario.
- The area at the outlet of the Niagara river into Lake Ontario was recognised early on by the French as a strategic point to control the route into the Great Lakes region and the heart of the continent.
- I'm very familiar with this grid having grown up in Buffalo, New York, along the Niagara River and Niagara Falls which is the source for a lot of the electricity not only in the northeastern part of the United States but also in Canada as well, all the way up to Ottawa, Toronto. CNN Transcript Aug 14, 2003
- On the Niagara River is one of the great cataracts of the world, Niagara Falls, which is a mile wide and 164 feet high. The Catholic Encyclopedia, Volume 11: New Mexico-Philip