[ US /ˈnjuz, ˈnuz/ ]
[ UK /njˈuːz/ ]
[ UK /njˈuːz/ ]
the quality of being sufficiently interesting to be reported in news bulletins
he is no longer news in the fashion world
the judge conceded the newsworthiness of the trial
informal information of any kind that is not previously known to someone
it was news to me
information about recent and important events
they awaited news of the outcome
information reported in a newspaper or news magazine
the news of my death was greatly exaggerated
a program devoted to current events, often using interviews and commentary
we watch the 7 o'clock news every night
How To Use news In A Sentence
- Here's the good news: When you bring what I call unconditional presence to the trance of fear, you create the foundation for true spiritual awakening. Undefined
- That's as it should be, as the newspaper has a global audience but not global printing presses.
- We had a gam one day, on this voyage, with a Yankee whale-ship, and a first-rate gam it was, for, as the Yankee had gammed three days before with another English ship, we got a lot of news second-hand; and, as we had not seen a new face for many months, we felt towards those Yankees like brothers, and swallowed all they had to tell us like men starving for news. Fighting the Whales
- So I cringe when a local newsperson shoves a microphone in the face of some young 95-pound twink (Straight Translation: a twink is a skinny homosexual with a lot of moxie). Max Mutchnick: Where Is My Martin Luther Queen?
- Try feeling a little "schlubby" popping around the corner for a newspaper. Wine Shopping in San Francisco, Italian Style
- But Sexton found Nicks for an easy 31-yard score on fourth down with 4: 11 left to seal it, and Nicks set the receiving record with a 22-yard catch a little later from T.J. Yates, making his first appearance in relief from a broken ankle suffered in September against Virginia Tech. Newspaper Home Delivery - Subscribe Today USATODAY.com
- Said hi also to a few of the guys from Aereogramme after they'd finished up, but wasn't actually sure of who was there from Chemikal Underground or what they look like, so I was basically floating around and looking glaikit until Mags pointed out the Newsnight crew, and the nice interviewer man figured out who I was. Archive 2007-02-01
- Well, the good news is a few weeks ago they were talking about it being the main source of law, so there has been some concession there, which the Iraqi women leaders have been fighting for.
- Now comes the news that her shifty lawyer father has only 48 hours to raise a lot of money or face financial ruin and imprisonment.
- Today's lesson focuses on how to write a summary of a news article.