- the largest city in New York State and in the United States; located in southeastern New York at the mouth of the Hudson river; a major financial and cultural center
How To Use New York City In A Sentence
- Call me a moon-eyed dreamer: I still believe the work of the serious writer will be recognized for what it is, whether it takes place examples chosen only for clarity and expediency in Ambergris, or 351 West 52 St New York City Apt # D RIGHT NOW, dammit. Evil Monkey on Fantasy
- Studies comparing annual ridership rank New York City's subway system the fifth largest in the world.
- I do my share of driving and I had no idea all that cutting people off and speeding and changing lanes without signaling and blowing through stop signs was "choreographed"--no wonder I find driving to say nothing of cycling in New York City so irritating. People Are People: Dealing With It
- The 47th Annual Columbus Day Parade was held in New York city this week starting from October 11 to celebrate the spirit of exploration that inspired Christopher Columbus's 1492 expedition.
- I was so defensive because I saw people who hated New York City, or at least didn't care very much about it, trying to act as if they were extremely invested in recovering from the attacks, or opining about the causes or effects of the attacks. Seven is Angry, Sadly - Anil Dash
- As Pope Benedict XVI makes public tours of Washington and New York City this week, he won't be seen in the open-top "Popemobile" familiar from video shot in St. Peter's Square. Pope visit balances access, security
- Ricky Ricardo is a famous orchestra leader and singer working out of the Tropicana Club in New York City.
- We were surprised today to learn that Mayor Bloomberg dismissed his hand-picked Schools Chancellor, Cathie Black, after 97 infelicitous days as chief of New York City's school system. Henry J. Stern: Black Thursday
- F______ every restaurant in San Francisco is serving figs on a plate with nothing on it," he said at the New York City Wine and Food Festival. Josh Ozersky: NYC vs. San Francisco Culinarly Rivalry Shows No Sign Of Stopping
- Roughly contemporary with the pier table, it was also made in New York City, although by whom has not been determined.