- a river in the southeastern United States that flows northward from North Carolina to West Virginia where it empties into the Kanawha River
How To Use New River In A Sentence
- Details: Ninety-eight percent of the forage in the New River is crayfish, and Green Pumpkin best matches their molted color. Favorite Lures of the Smallmouth Guides
- The New River, a formerly dry barranca now pouring Colorado River water into the Salton Sea, soon became unfordable by conventional means. Colossus
- New riverboats were constructed to meet these new tourist markets, and much effort was also expended on the restoration of surviving nineteenth-century boats, either for tours or as moored museums.
- Near the railway line was something called the ‘New River Path’, a walking track running beside a watercourse.
- Yet Wicker, along with Cochran, had by then already sponsored earmarks in the spending bill that would fund an airport expansion in Tunica ($1.75 million), new riverwalk lights in Columbus ($300,000), improvements to a hiking and biking trail in Hattiesburg ($700,000) and improvements to an assortment of bridges, highways, trails, railways and streets across Mississippi. Republican senators say they'll vote against their own earmarks
- The Festival will end with a rousing finale on Saturday with music from the New Riverside Jazz Band.
- Along the Greenbrier and New rivers adventurous boatmen ply in "batteaux," carrying merchandise or travelers who wish to explore the wonders of the New River cañon. The Great South; A Record of Journeys in Louisiana, Texas, the Indian Territory, Missouri, Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina, Kentucky, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, and Maryland
- We should be concerned for the safety of the elderly and invalids in the event that this new river is ever operated at its stated capacity of 215 cumecs.
- Today, though, Sweaney wheeled his spanking new silver Mitsubishi Eclipse sports coupe onto Interstate 95 and hotfooted it south to New River Marine Corps Air Station on the North Carolina coast. The Dream Machine
- A public piazza will face the River Thames and create a new riverside walkway and wetlands area.