- genus of fungi with black perithecia used extensively in genetic research; includes some forms with orange spore masses that cause severe damage in bakeries
How To Use Neurospora In A Sentence
- However, the tubes may contain multiple virions, or capsids, like peas in a pod, or the linear arrangement of spores in neurospora filaments.
- (auxotrophic) mutant strains of Neurospora, and to show that each single deficiency produced was associated with the mutation of a single gene11. Edward Tatum - Nobel Lecture
- Lack of proton-pumping activity has also been found in heterologously expressed Neurospora rhodopsin, which has carboxylated residues at both the Schiff base proton donor and acceptor positions, as does GtR1.
- Study the effects of weightlessness on neurospora to see if any genetic damage is done by extended voyages in space. Space
- During this time he developed a simple chromatographic assay for imidazole compounds accumulating in histidine-requiring Neurospora mutants, which allowed him to deduce much of the histidine biosynthetic pathway.