How To Use Nenets In A Sentence
- For 1, 000 years the indigenous Nenets people have migrated along the Yamal peninsula.
- The Yamal Nenets case study (Chapter 12) is of interest because it focuses, like the Finnmark study, on a reindeer herding livelihood with a history of adaptive management during times of change. Understanding and assessing climate change vulnerabilities in the Arctic through case studies
- Nonetheless, Yamal Nenets are currently showing signs of stress adapting to the recent barrage of simultaneous changes in their homeland – from health and demography  to questions of land tenure  and increasingly severe "overgrazing", predation, and poaching on reindeer pastures . Climate change impacts on the Yamal Nenets of northwest Siberia
- Nenets men engage in a wrestling match at the annual spring festival in Yar Sale.
- The Yamal Nenet situation differs from that of the Finnmark herders in that the Yamal Nenets are experiencing stresses relating to oil and gas extraction, and might in the future experience stresses related to Northern Sea Route coastal development made possible by climate change. Understanding and assessing climate change vulnerabilities in the Arctic through case studies
- Traditionally, Nenets have subsisted on nomadic hunting, fishing, and, most importantly, reindeer herding, which was collectivized in the 1930s and 1940s.
- Dmitri Khorolya is himself Nenets and is both president of the Reindeer Herders’ Union of Russia and director of Yarsalinski sovkhoz, the largest collective management unit on Yamal. Climate change impacts on the Yamal Nenets of northwest Siberia