[ US /ˈneɪˌɹu/ ]
- Indian statesman and leader with Gandhi in the struggle for home rule; was the first prime minister of the Republic of India from 1947 to 1964 (1889-1964)
How To Use Nehru In A Sentence
- Sahgal was born in Bombay and is the daughter of novelist Nayantara Sahgal and great-niece of former Indian prime minister Jawaharlal Nehru. Gita Sahgal's dispute with Amnesty International puts human rights group in the dock
- But after 1947, Nehru began to assert his supremacy and sack party chiefs who opposed him.
- Tibetans were sacrificed by Nehru in 1954 in return for Beijing's hand of friendship, a move that ricocheted in 1962.
- He has recently written a book which is a revaluation of Nehru.
- Digvijay Singh, General Secretary, All India Congress Committee at Nehru Memorial Museum and WN.com - Articles related to Jairam mining ban angers DAE
- The news would perhaps dishearten walkers and joggers on Race Course and Nehru Stadium.
- When the crowd shouted ‘Pandit Nehru zindabad’ or ‘Congress zindabad’, he asked them to instead say ‘Jai Hind’ or ‘Naya Hindustan Zindabad’.
- As a peg to hang it on, the tournament had the 100th anniversary of Nehru's birth.
- Will it, like so many other cultural institutions, continue to be a Nehru-Gandhi jagir, asks Rukun Advani, handed out to the loyal? Archive 2009-07-01
- As a democrat, Nehru was attentive to the rights of the lowly and vulnerable.