[ US /ˈniɹˌsaɪtɪd/ ]
- unable to see distant objects clearly
How To Use nearsighted In A Sentence
- Orthokeratology is a non surgical treatment that uses precise specially shaped contact lenses to temporarily reshape the cornea in order to eliminate nearsightedness or myopia.
- Children with vision problems may be nearsighted or farsighted.
- For nearsightedness, close the eyes and pass the fingers, very gently, several times across them outward, from the canthus, or corner next the nose, towards the temple. The Ladies Book of Useful Information Compiled from many sources
- The experimental procedure, called photo-refractive keratectomy (PRK) and performed only by ophthalmologists, uses a new "excimer" laser to treat moderate degrees of nearsightedness (myopia). A Light For Poor Eyes
- The glasses do not correct astigmatism, but they are effective against nearsightedness and farsightedness.
- As the degree of nearsightedness increases, so does the complexity of the surgical treatment.
- The nutrition plays a role in the prevention of nearsightedness.
- Some children lose their 20/20 vision about age eight or nine when they become nearsighted.
- This personal and political avoidance of poverty issues is nearsighted and unconscionable.
- Years from now, the boat will reach a port by the sea, and the generations of spider descendants upon it will look out, from their nearsighted, eightfold eyes, at something unanswered. The Conversation