- a member of a group of Jews who (during the early history of the Christian Church) accepted Jesus as the Messiah; they accepted the Gospel According to Matthew but rejected the Epistles of St. Paul and continued to follow Jewish law and celebrate Jewish holidays; they were later declared heretic by the Church of Rome
- an inhabitant of Nazareth
- an early name for any Christian
- of or relating to the Nazarenes or their religion
- of or relating to the town of Nazareth or its inhabitants
How To Use Nazarene In A Sentence
- A lot of them were marked, or born wrong, or crooked, or scabious, looking for help from the Nazarene, for some panacea. A ROOMFUL OF BIRDS - SCOTTISH SHORT STORIES 1990
- By the time I got there they'd already fastened the Nazarene down and were hoisting his cross vertical. A ROOMFUL OF BIRDS - SCOTTISH SHORT STORIES 1990
- Church leaders were today surveying the damage after the wreckers broke into the Church of the Nazarene last night.
- Roum congratulations on success, adding, Availed us naught but the Holy Merde of the Arch Patriarch, whose fragrance exhaled from the beards and mustachios of the slaves of the Cross near and far; and I swear, by the Miracles of the Messiah; and by thy daughter Abrizah, the Nazarene, the Mariolater; and by the Waters of Baptism, that I will not leave upon the earth a single defender of Al — Islam! The Book of The Thousand Nights And A Night
- Charley came up and, finding a Nazarene kneeling on a Moslem and frapping him, asked, “What harm hath this one done?” The Book of The Thousand Nights And A Night
- The prophecy that Jesus would be called a Nazarene is not found in the Old Testament, though some believe it might have referred to the word branch in Isaiah 11:1. 101 Amazing Truths about Jesus
- I don’t believe, and never have believed, that the current occupant of the white house is a Christian, in the definition of the term applying to someone who even attempts to follow the teachings of Jesus the Nazarene. Think Progress » Rice Was Against Iraq Group Before She Was For It
- Then she asked him, “O Moslem! the slaying of Nazarenes is lawful to you folk; what then hast thou to say about being slain thyself?” The Book of The Thousand Nights And A Night
- He said his aunt was well known in the area where she lived and was a religious woman who worshipped at the Church of the Nazarene.
- She was a regular churchgoer, visiting the Nazarene Church on South End Street every Wednesday and Sunday.