[ UK /nˈæwɒb/ ]
- a governor in India during the Mogul empire
How To Use nawab In A Sentence
- Probably now that she had gone they were talking more freely-about the Nawab and his mysterious misdeeds.
- The nawab who ruled Junagarh cared more about his dogs than his subjects.
- The Nawabi cuisine is legendary and millions of foodies have salivated gallons while thinking of the tunde kebabs, nahari-kulchas, biryanis, prakash kulfis, aloo chaat, pani-battasey that the city dishes out.
- For the first time in the history of Bangalore's star hotels, you can come and indulge like a nawab and forget that diet till tomorrow.
- And their power-crazed heads obviously long to wear a crown, which is why they behave like old-style nawabs and potentates.
- In Lucknow, the Shia auqaf properties are higher in number, their value running in billions of rupees, perhaps due to Lucknow's Shia nawabs ' munificence.
- The nawab was not the only courtier to make overtures. JOSIAH THE GREAT: The True Story of The Man Who Would Be King
- But the one that earned him immense recognition and the title 'nawab' was "Bhaktha Ramadass". The Hindu - Home
- He was also the second leader, or nawab, of Awadh, a breakaway principality from the Mughal empire. New Delhi
- This is not the first time that the media has got them married, but what irked Bebo more was that there were reports that the two had a formal engagement in the presence of a maulvi on February 6 at the Chote Nawabâ€ ™ s house in Bandra. The Times of India