How To Use nautch girl In A Sentence
- But Polly's was like the mad and lawless ceremonial of some heathen temple where incense arose and nautch girls writhed. BY THE TURTLES OF TASMAN
- Whether represented by an oil painting of heroic British women or images of sultry nautch girls, Lucknow in this last gallery is reduced to a series of competing icons. Where East Met West To Wondrous Effect
- If he had been the true commander here, he would have put a stop to all of these unseemly festivities, ordered a halt for prayer five times a day, had the camp swept free of the women of ill repute and the nautch girls. Shadow Princess
- Ruler Nasir al-Din Haidar appears in Kettle's portrait wearing a European-style crown, while a 1786-88 portrait of Antoine-Louis Henri Polier, a French officer and tireless art collector, shows a mustachioed European in caftan and turban sitting on cushions watching a nautch girl caught middance, one arm raised, an ankle encircled in bells. Where East Met West To Wondrous Effect
- Weddings and other festive occasions are observed with much enthusiasm and are often celebrated with feasting, and sometimes with nautch girls.
- There were performances by the ubiquitous nautch girls.
- She writes of being a spectator in an exotic world of jugglers, tumblers, snake charmers, fire-eaters, and nautch girls.
- They would send me portraits of fabulous guys with beards, smoking hookahs and watching nautch girls.