the science of matter and energy and their interactions
his favorite subject was physics
How To Use natural philosophy In A Sentence
- In natural philosophy and metaphysics Marsilius was an empiricist, meaning that he thought all scientific knowledge must be based on either sense data or self-evident propositions, i.e., propositions in which the meaning of the predicate is included in the subject. Marsilius of Inghen
- On the relation of Abu Ma'shar to medieval medicine, see Richard Lemay, Abu Ma'shar and Latin Aristotelianism in the Twelfth Century: The Recovery of Aristotle's Natural Philosophy through Arabic Astrology (Beirut, 1962), 50 — 51. A Tender Age: Cultural Anxieties over the Child in the Twelfth and Thirteenth Centuries
- So we see also that the science of medicine if it be destituted and forsaken by natural philosophy, it is not much better than an empirical practice. The Advancement of Learning
- Reason is our guide and beacon-light; but when you have made a divinity of it, it will blind you and instigate you to crime," -- and he proceeded to develop his thesis, standing both feet in the kennel, as he had once been used to perorate, seated in one of Baron d'Holbach's gilt armchairs, which, as he was fond of saying, formed the basis of natural philosophy. Dieux ont soif. English
- Histories make men wise ; poems witty; the mathematics subtle; natural philosophy deep ; moral grave ; logic and rhetoric able to contend.
- Renaissance humanism did not necessarily promote natural philosophy, but its emphasis on mastery of classical languages and texts had the side effect of promoting the sciences.
- Another of his interests was natural philosophy, in particular he was interested in determinism and chance, causality and indeterminacy.
- That order of learning is as follows: logic, mathematics, natural philosophy, moral philosophy, metaphysics.
- A proper schooling in grammar and gymnastic being the foundation for the growth of virtue and character in the young, and knowledge of music, astronomy, and natural philosophy having a moderating effect on the appetitive passions of youth, it is the considered opinion of the servants of the Hippocrene Springs that proper equipment for a physics lab will allow such instruction to take place ... Orphans of Chaos
- Psychology began as a purely academic offshoot of natural philosophy.