- social insurance program in Britain; based on contributions from employers and employees; provides payments to unemployed and sick and retired people as well as medical services
How To Use national insurance In A Sentence
- The rise was to fund concessionary bus fares, compulsory waste recycling, increased National Insurance, extra planning staff and pay rises, he explained.
- A first move is to abolish the national insurance ceiling on contribution.
- Any benefit for middle and higher earners will be offset by a bigger than expected rise in national insurance and a double-digit increase in capital gains tax. Times, Sunday Times
- The Defendant would then pay the incapacitated person that amount, less any pension contribution if he or she was in the pension scheme and less tax and National Insurance.
- The planned rise in employers' national insurance contributions has been partly revoked. Times, Sunday Times
- Be responsible for bringing company's products into catalog of National Insurance schedule.
- All the women who had paid full National Insurance contributions had sufficient contributions to be eligible for unemployment benefit.
- Ronnie looked through the information in the printout: National Insurance number, post code, shoe size, acronyms listing memberships of RAC, RSPB, N (ational) T (rust). The Obald, Book 1: 1983. Chapter 1: Tuesday November 1 « We Don't Count Your Own Visits To Your Blog
- What exactly am I paying taxes and National Insurance AND a private pension for if I then have to pay extra tax to be cared for in my dotage, which is also on top of all the extra "stealth" taxes I am paying now (petrol, VAT taxes on savigs etc) plus the extra ones dreamed up to plug the hole in the national budget. Telegraph.co.uk: news, business, sport, the Daily Telegraph newspaper, Sunday Telegraph
- The carer can claim the national insurance credits regardless of whether the person needing care claims benefits. Times, Sunday Times