- Norwegian explorer of the Arctic and director of the League of Nations relief program for refugees of World War I (1861-1930)
How To Use Nansen In A Sentence
- I based myself at Ibsen's, an art-filled eco-friendly hotel on fashionable Nansensgade, an easy walk from the city center and after viewing artwork at the National Gallery of Denmark, I lunched at Aamann's, specializing in a modern take on the traditional open-faced Danish sandwich called the smorrebrod. Jill Fergus: Copenhagen Dining Beyond Noma
- Fridtjof Nansen, an antimilitarist like Carl von Ossietzky, a statesman like Woodrow Wilson or Willy Brandt, or a campaigner for human rights like Nelson Mandela or Carlos Belo. The Nobel Peace Prize: From Negotiations to Human Rights
- Fridtjof Nansen was the first High Commissioner for Refugees on behalf of the League.
- This facies change could be a result of the subsiding volcanic centre in the Jacobsen and Miki Fjord area being infilled by volcanic material shed from the Ryberg, Jensen and Nansen Fjord area.
- Sting Ray Mod 1 will arm the new Fridtjof Nansen-class frigates and will be integrated with the new NH90 anti-submarine warfare helicopter and the Orion P3-C maritime patrol aircraft.
- As a rule the air is dry, and therefore that delightful fresh crispness, which is so invigorating, prevails, as it does in Norway, where, one day when we were with Dr. Nansen at Lysaker, the thermometer registered 9° below zero Fahr., yet we found it far less cold than England on a mild damp day. Through Finland in Carts
- A high technology, including nucleonics and doubtless genetic engineering, arose on this planet, and evidently there was world peace, too," Nansen said. Starfarers
- The trick, of course, was to build a boat far tougher than the Jeannette, and in 1891 Nansen hired a brilliant Norwegian naval architect of Scottish descent named Colin Archer to do just that.
- Administrators were even more surprised that the students selected one editor to oversee everyone's work, said Vernes Voloder, project coordinator at the Nansen Dialogue Centre.
- I’ll take on that chap. For it was in the back of their mind’s ear, temptive lissomer, how they would be spreading in quadriliberal their azurespotted fine attractable nets, their nansen nets, from Matt Senior to the thurrible mystagogue after him and from thence to the neighbour and that way to the puisny donkeyman and his crucifer’s cauda. Finnegans Wake