[ US /ˌnaɪˈɹoʊbi/ ]
- the capital and largest city of Kenya; a center for tourist safaris
How To Use Nairobi In A Sentence
- Some recently arrested pirates were caught without food, water or fuel, and appeared to lask basic knowledge of the sea, according to Alan Cole, the coordinator of the United Nations 'counterpiracy program in Nairobi. Somali Militants Try Piracy to Fund Attacks
- The National Museum in Nairobi has collections of historical and cultural artifacts and the museum at Fort Jesus in Mombasa is dedicated to archeology and history.
- Dramatic to the hilt, it married a spectacular conflux of Ralph Lauren Safari fragrance ads with the Edwardian elegance of a Nairobi gentleman's club before The Great War. Georgia Jeffries: Performance Art
- One evocative scene depicts a 1919 New Year's Eve party held at a social club in Nairobi, complete with a turban-clad orchestra, chic foxtrotting couples, fingerbowl Champagne glasses, and fisticuffs between tuxedo-ed gentlemen. Lesley M. M. Blume: 10 Glamorous, Old-World New Year's Entertaining Tips
- Despite selective leakage from the government, it has never been fully explained how both the real Mohamud and a supposed "impostor" were allegedly able to frequent the Canadian High Commission in Nairobi during the long homeward struggle -- with no one noticing the difference. Archive 2009-12-01
- NEMA commissioned agroforestry researcher David Mungai, from the University of Nairobi, to carry out an environmental impact assessment of the project in September 2007.
- Price includes half board and flights to and from Mombasa and Nairobi. Times, Sunday Times
- When we went filming out in the bush, we were filming in a slum called Kabira, which is just outside Nairobi, where there are a million people living in a shanty town with no running water, no electricity, no sanitation.
- Live from Table Mountain will be travelling the world on air, dropping in at the beach in Sydney, joining the crowds on the Esplanade in Singapore, talking to a hang-glider over Rio, and picking up the gossip in a Nairobi coffee house.
- When the aid agency in Dublin sent the sterling draft, the Nairobi bookshop despatched the consignment to my rural office.