[ US /ˈnɑdɑ/ ]
a quantity of no importance
we racked up a pathetic goose egg
reduced to nil all the work we had done
I didn't hear zilch about it
it was all for naught
it looked like nothing I had ever seen before
How To Use nada In A Sentence
- The remaining three evolutionary forces are nonadaptive in the sense that they are not a function of the fitness properties of individuals: mutation is the ultimate source of variation on which natural selection acts, recombination assorts variation within and among chromosomes, and genetic drift ensures that gene frequencies will deviate a bit from generation to generation independent of other forces. A Disclaimer for Behe?
- The term "strategic" came up again earlier this year, when Ontario's provincial government set up a committee to debate a proposed merger between London Stock Exchange Group PLC and TMX Group Inc., operator of Canada's flagship Toronto Stock Exchange. Canada Turns Wary Eye to Foreign Bids
- It's every girl's dream, and last weekend, restaurateur and fashion aficionada Elizabeth An and couture curator Christos Garkinos of Tina Daunt: A Magical Fusion of Food and Fashion
- During this period, the Ontario Board of Censors was known to be the most liberal of all the provincial boards, and O.J. Silverthorne was the most respected film censor in Canada.
- Incommon law countries such as Canada, thetest of criminalliabilityis expressed by theLatinphrase, actus non facit reum nisi mens sit rea, which means that “the act does not make a person guilty unless the mind is also guilty”. Man Not Criminally Responsible for Greyhound Bus Beheading; Victim’s Family Call for Punishment : Law is Cool
- He left with few regrets, happy that his game on clay had never been better, although disappointed that, yet again, his best was not good enough to beat a slightly underdone Nadal. Rafael Nadal boxed clever to beat Roger Federer in French Open | Kevin Mitchell
- No part of the lunar globe became visible in relief against circumfluous solar radiance on any of the plates exposed at Grenada; and what vestiges of "structure" there were, came out almost better _upon_ the moon than _beside_ her, thus stamping themselves at once as of atmospheric origin. A Popular History of Astronomy During the Nineteenth Century Fourth Edition
- […] Não há nada de ilegal, mas não é ético e abre um fosso entre a empresa e a imprensa. Global Voices in English » Brazil: Petrobras Blog Versus Mainstream Media
- Chronically stressed mammals produce hormones called glucocorticoids, which can suppress certain immune-system and gonadal functions when the hormones remain elevated.
- A city of southeast Ontario, Canada, a manufacturing suburb of Kitchener. Population, 24, 933.