[ US /ˈnæbɫəs/ ]
- an ancient city in the West Bank to the north of Jerusalem; the home of Jacob in biblical times
How To Use Nablus In A Sentence
- Nablus, in the north of the West Bank, is surrounded by steep hillsides forming a basin, containing the main town area.
- Not only did he decide to hire 500 local workers to build a jaw-droppingly ostentatious home on the edge of his beloved Nablus to return to after decades as a much-travelled top international businessman; he made the domed mansion a floor higher than the Palladian original in Vicenza "because I have a large family"." thanks W. Monday, June 30, 2008
- I will wear rags like their women, and go and explode myself in the centre of Nablus. This will teach them a lesson.
- Hilary Minch, a volunteer with a Christian monitoring group based near Nablus, said the army had used live ammunition and stun grenades. Binyamin Netanyahu calls on world to act after killing of Jewish settlers
- Services here are several times cheaper than in Nablus, and as the checkpoints had been closed, it is the best alternative for those who can still afford the luxuries of preening themselves but can't reason with the soldiers to wiggle their way out of their open-air prison of a village. Thursdays with my sisters
- After passing through a flying checkpoint inside Nablus, we disembarked from the taxi at Beit Iba, a neighborhood on the city’s northwestern edge, and walked to a terminal-style checkpoint similar to the ones at Qalandia and Hawara. The Checkpoint
- The cafe owner comments that he's relieved that crack isn't available in Nablus - he thinks people would turn to it to numb their pain.
- The Gala, held at the Ritz-Carlton, will celebrate the work of Tomorrow's Youth Organization, highlighting successes from the past three years in Nablus and upcoming expansion to Lebanon and Cairo. Craig Newmark: Tomorrows Youth Organization events, kids & computers, West Bank
- The others, in Nablus, have kept Arab ways, language and dress of their neighbors on the West Bank.
- The film was shot on location in Nablus, in the summer of 2004.