a Latin phrase (or its abbreviation) used to indicate that special attention should be paid to something
the margins of his book were generously supplied with pencilled NBs
How To Use N.B. In A Sentence
- N.B. An abbreviation for the Latin phrase nota bene, meaning note well. N.B
- N.B. -- I send my sister, by him, "6 duetti a clavicembalo e violino," by Schuster. The Letters of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart — Volume 01
- N.B. apologizes for H1N1 vaccination 'bedlam' health is apologizing for what he describes as the bedlam that surrounded the H1N1 vaccine rollout in October. WN.com - Articles related to Need for H1N1 shots in Lucas County gets more urgent
- Marbury this year publicly proclaimed himself the best point guard in the N.B.A.
- N.B.: The name Fannie Mae comes from a pronunciation of the acronym FNMA. The Daily Princetonian, 2009-06-03
- N.B. -- French mustard is sold ready-made in jars, and is flavoured with tarragon, capers, ravigotte, &c. ONION SAUCE. Cassell's Vegetarian Cookery A Manual of Cheap and Wholesome Diet
- N.B. Photographs of hotel rooms in this brochure generally depict rooms for double occupancy.
- 'N.B. -- Mais écrivez-moi à _Calcutta_, car je serai chaque jour là, en chemin de fer, je fais le trajet en 20 minutes. Forty-one years in India From Subaltern To Commander-In-Chief
- -- N.B. Do not use clay for your hearth bed unless you can get a highly aluminous clay, and can give it full time to dry before the forge fire is lit. Getting Gold: a practical treatise for prospectors, miners and students
- (N.B. -- This ejaculation denotes the kind of snuffle which lent peculiar energy to the dicta of Mr. Culpepper.) "Ring the bell, then, and summon the landlord," said, very pertinently, one of the three disputants upon the character of Wilkes. The Disowned — Volume 07