[ UK /mˈɪstɪkəl/ ]
[ US /ˈmɪstɪkəɫ/ ]
[ US /ˈmɪstɪkəɫ/ ]
relating to or characteristic of mysticism
relating to or resembling mysticism
mystical theories about the securities market
having an import not apparent to the senses nor obvious to the intelligence; beyond ordinary understanding
the mystical style of Blake
the secret learning of the ancients
How To Use mystical In A Sentence
- When he looks at you like that, you feel like you're standing at the verge of a bottomless abyss, a void so deep that it has its own mystical gravitation.
- In contrast to less specific methods of treatment, the social skill training approaches have the advantage of lending themselves to this sort of concise, nonmystical explanation. Planned Short-Term Treatment
- Quit sitting around with your theological mystical excuses and get busy building the temple that I said would be the place my presence resides. Christianity Today
- The couple have become devotees of the mystical sect of Judaism - Kabbalah.
- The men believe the twins hold mystical powers that make them invincible in their battles against the Myanmar military.
- This is a play where priests are elderly and drunk, old ladies mutter curses and blessings, supernatural visions are everywhere and nobody can open their mouth without uttering a mystical insight.
- A few months ago a friend sent me an article entitled "The Eucharist in the West" by the Irish Jesuit Michael McGuckian (New Blackfriars, March 2007), which also draws on De Lubac's work which had showed that prior to 1050 the term Body of Christ had referred to the Church and that the Eucharist had been referred to as the Mystical Body, but that that after this the Eucharist became the Body of Christ and the Church came to be referred to as the Mystical Body. Orrologion
- This mass of towering, buckled stone and fluted snow is the most unaccommodating zone on Earth, and the painter, in his own words, is ‘not trying to force an egotistical or mystical image upon it’.
- Eliade likewise noted that shamans managed to “interiorise” a particular cultural mythology or cosmology before having their mystical experiences. Questions Of Faith
- They interviewed people on their way of life, emotions, the history of Nestinari and most of all their souls and their spiritual ritual and mystical powers.