threatening or foreshadowing evil or tragic developments
ominous rumblings of discontent
his threatening behavior
a baleful look
his tone became menacing
the situation became ugly
a sinister smile
sinister storm clouds
ugly black clouds
How To Use minacious In A Sentence
- Bela Lugosi was born Bela Blasko in 1882, but changed his name in 1903 in honor of his hometown of Lugos,Hungary, while Boris Karloff was born William Henry Pratt in 1887, but assumed his new minacious moniker in 1909 while riding through Canada on a train! Dr. Franklin Ruehl, Ph.D.: 15 Intriguing Halloween-Related Factoids!
- She had not heard a word of Colonel Grand's minacious overture. The Rose in the Ring
- There can be no doubt that a rational jury could find that some or all of the minacious communications charged in the superseding indictment against Baker constituted threats by the defendant to harm a female human being.
- D' Annunzio's in Rome, boisterous, warmongering, minacious, getting everyone riled up like a squawking parrot on a pirate's shoulder - remember Capitoline Hill?
- Here, too, he says, veins of iron of considerable thickness were seen to traverse the rock in various directions; and he speaks of the caverns formed in the minacious schistose between the granite and the limestone, as something very extraordinary. The Mirror of Literature, Amusement, and Instruction Volume 13, No. 369, May 9, 1829
- The multi-directional informational flow helps to make the internet a distinctive surveillant assemblage (Haggerty and Ericson, 2000: 605) with an idolatrous dream of omniperception and a minacious twinkle in the electronic eye.
- a whole whose numberless parts are connected by a lowering, mournful, minacious tone. Rembrandt and His Works Comprising a Short Account of His Life; with a Critical Examination into His Principles and Practice of Design, Light, Shade, and Colour. Illustrated by Examples from the Etchings of Rembrandt.
- Had it not been for Austria's minacious insistence, Albania would have never been born on Serb occupied territory. Terrorists and Freedom Fighters
- The sort of vitriol AP reports found on white supremacist sites is pretty weak tea compared to comments on Mr. Bush that can be found any day of the week over at dKos or DU where minacious abuse, open threats, and vile wishes pass for free speech. E-nough!
- Foreign minority shareholders still complain of being ripped-off by powerful, well-connected - and minacious - business interests. Recently Uploaded Slideshows