How To Use Millais In A Sentence
- In the second year the slow autotype process had to be abandoned for the quicker Woodburytype, by which were reproduced drawings kindly contributed by Sir J.E. Millais, Sir John Gilbert, Mr. Holman Hunt, Philip Gilbert Hamerton
- Hunt was also to write that he and Millais used to stand in front of the Raphael cartoons (then at Hampton Court) and judge them fearlessly, also that they condemned Raphael's Transfiguration (which they had never seen) 'for its grandiose disregard of the simplicity of truth, the pompous posturing of the Apostles, and the unspiritual attitudinising of the Saviour.' Cosa Nostra
- She sat for Holman Hunt and Millais.
- In 1853, while painting his portrait in Scotland, Millais fell in love with Ruskin's wife Effie, the victim of an unconsummated marriage, whom he wed in 1855.
- This offering boasted major works by Reynolds and Millais together with an oil and a watercolour by Turner.
- Aiden T is undeniably caddishly rakishly lovely, but there is something childlike and very sweet about Samuel Barnett as little Mr Millais. Desperate Romantics
- As we delight in Butterfield and Waterhouse, Pugin and Millais, Burne-Jones and Morris, are we ignoring some obscure subtlety in Lasdun, Seifert, Spence, Foster and Rogers? They saved our Victorian cities. Now they are demolishing my prejudices
- One image is a direct crib from Millais's The rescue and so the slide set must date from after 1855.