[ UK /mˈaɪlɐ/ ]
[ US /ˈmaɪɫɝ/ ]
[ US /ˈmaɪɫɝ/ ]
(used only in combinations) the length of something in miles
the race was a 30-miler
- a runner in a one-mile race
How To Use miler In A Sentence
- I was the third-fastest half-miler in the nation when I went in. Callus on My Soul: A Memoir
- Khosi, ran the half-mile one-tenth of a second faster than the best white half-miler. INTERNATIONAL BOYCOTT OF APARTHEID SPORT
- It's a great morning in Washington, D.C.; we're looking at images from the army 10 miler, which is the nation's biggest 10-mile run. CNN Transcript Oct 8, 2006
- Keltos, who has been ranked among the world's best milers and was slated to compete in the United States, has run his last race.
- The Minstrel was thought a miler until he ran in the Derby.
- Sprinters can do whatever they like, but quarter-milers are a bit different. Times, Sunday Times
- Just like the old days when he would be out there with Mizner and the guys, running along the sidewalks of Kernsville in pretend slow motion as the half-miler Benny Vaughn did his mock-serious announcer, giving them all funny foreignized names to make them sound more glamorous, doing the play-by-play as they made agonistic faces and leaned histrionically toward the imaginary finish line. Again to Carthage
- The multiple Champion sire is well known for his stayers and middle-distance horses but he has helped to produce top class milers such as Refuse To Bend, Barathea and King Of Kings, so there is speed there.
- Then there was the pumping plant for the artesian well, and the big cement tank where Judge Miler's boys took their morning plunge and kept cool in the hot afternoon.
- The multiple Champion sire is well known for his stayers and middle-distance horses but he has also helped to produce top class milers such as Refuse To Bend, Barathea and King Of Kings.