- beta blocker (trade name Lopressor) used in treating hypertension and angina and arrhythmia and acute myocardial infarction; has adverse side effects (depression and exacerbation of congestive heart failure etc.)
How To Use metoprolol In A Sentence
- The beta blockers, including propranolol, nadolol, atenolol, metoprolol, and timolol, are effective but may cause fatigue, sleep disorders, and decreased exercise tolerance.
- At latest follow-up, the patient was still on clonidine, metoprolol, nifedipine, cyclophosphamide, prednisone, and thalidomide.
- Objective To evaluate the blood pressure-lowering effect of felodipine-metoprolol complex patch preparation.
- Even so Harry's chances of remaining "healthy" are good as long as he's careful to watch his diet, get lots of exercise and take his medicine: Tricor for triglycerides ($49.04 per month), Metoprolol to help prevent heart ($18.97 per month) and Lescol XL to lower his cholesterol ($115.95 per month). Healthcare works just fine the way it is. Is that what YOU think? Harry and Louise, then and now.
- Conclusion:Most of patients with unexplained syncope have VS. ISOHUT may increase the positive rate. Metoprolol is an effective drug in treatment of VS.
- Objective To observe the effect of long-term enalapril and metoprolol therapy on cardiac function in patients with dilated cardiomyopathy(DCM).
- Treatment with carvedilol was associated with a nonsignificant risk reduction for mortality compared with metoprolol for diabetic and nondiabetic patients, the researchers note.
- Beta-blockers (nadolol, atenolol, metoprolol, propranolol, and others) reduce cardiac output (negative inotropic and chronotropic effects) but increase peripheral resistance.
- Beta blockers like propranolol or metoprolol also affect sleep.
- Beta blockers such as metoprolol or propranolol, for example, may cause nightmares.