[ US /ˈmɛs/ ]
[ UK /mˈɛs/ ]
[ UK /mˈɛs/ ]
make a mess of or create disorder in
He messed up his room
- eat in a mess hall
soft semiliquid food
a mess of porridge
(often followed by `of') a large number or amount or extent
see the rest of the winners in our huge passel of photos
a batch of letters
a slew of journalists
a lot of money
a wad of money
it must have cost plenty
a deal of trouble
he made a mint on the stock market
- a (large) military dining room where service personnel eat or relax
a state of confusion and disorderliness
the house was a mess
she smoothed the mussiness of the bed
- a meal eaten in a mess hall by service personnel
informal terms for a difficult situation
he made a muddle of his marriage
he got into a terrible fix
How To Use mess In A Sentence
- Davis looked up and gave a signal of approval, and after a quick bow, the pair of messengers was gone.
- That proviso is a thoughtful message for young moviegoers. Disney's 'Princess and the Frog' is royally charming
- And on his right biceps is the message of his life. USATODAY.com - Dixon leads Final Four tough corps
- I'll transmit the letter by special messenger.
- Mediterranean to look out for a French and Spanish squadron, which had been on the coast of Portugal, but returned to Ferrol --- I received all your letters by the Turkish corvette, which is arrived at Messina. The Life of the Right Honourable Horatio Lord Viscount Nelson, Volume 2
- Karam also highlighted the authority's implementation of surface-to-surface communications applications and upgrading from Aeronautical Fixed Telecommunication Network (AFTN) system to Aeronautical Message Handling System (AMHS). AME Info Latest News
- Thanks to her doctor’s recommendations she finds herself feeling decafargic by noon. cardiacpopups – the messages that popup on your computer when you are in the middle of an important project and warn you that your computer is about to conk out. on 07 Sep 2007 at 5: 52 pm Kimberly defurrify – to remove pet hair/dander from a person or thing on 07 Sep 2007 at 6: 12 pm Heather Writer Unboxed » Blog Archive » Writer Unboxed’s CONTEST, CONTEST!
- But what of the emails, text messages and other private communications between government officials which aren't published online -- will Twitter and Facebook help "democratize" that information as well? Is Social Media Helping or Hurting California Politics?
- I've seen leadership schools set out on the fringes, including one in an outpost of Jerusalem that teaches would-be messiahs to lead in the coming apocalypse.
- The record was, I think, called Peace, a heart-warming exhortation for world leaders to avoid war – although many of them, unbelievably, have completely ignored the doughty cloggers' message in the intervening years. Which footballers have produced their own food and drink?