[ US /məˈkænɪk, mɪˈkænɪk/ ]
[ UK /mɪkˈænɪk/ ]
[ UK /mɪkˈænɪk/ ]
- someone whose occupation is repairing and maintaining automobiles
- a craftsman skilled in operating machine tools
resembling the action of a machine
from blank to blank a threadless way I pushed mechanic feet
How To Use mechanic In A Sentence
- The front end of the Jaguar was on stands and two mechanics were fitting a new shock absorber. A QUESTION OF PRINCIPLE
- Instead of talking about the mechanical superiority of their latest cars, manufacturers hired the sexiest, perkiest breasted young women they could find to writhe, lean and lick their lips next to their new products. Judith Acosta: How Marketers Capitalize On Your Fear: Confessions Of An Ex-Ad-Woman
- Neither Chout, turned down initially by Diaghilev, nor the piano concerto, rejected comprehensively by its muse Paul Wittgenstein the LPO's soloist was Leon Fleisher, quite banished that impression of mechanical note-spinning. LPO/Jurowski; Betrothal in a Monastery; Psappha ensemble; SCO/Ticciati – review
- Masterful with machinery, he patented several mechanical inventions which had varying degrees of viability.
- Granted, we have reams of remote sensing data from that first investigation, including the information from the detailed dissection of the spider biot done by Dr. Laura Ernst. But the cosmonauts brought home only one artifact, a tiny piece of some kind of biomechanical flower whose physical characteristics had already irreversibly changed before any of its mysteries could be understood, We have nothing else in the way of souvenirs from that first excursion. Rama Revisited
- Physicists like the mathematical beauty of string theory because it banishes the absurdities that pop up when quantum mechanics and gravity combine.
- In all stores adequate ventilation should be provided as an aid to temperature control with mechanical air conditioning if needed.
- A quartz crystal resonator depends on the piezo-electric effect to work. This effect converts a mechanical stress in a crystal to a voltage and vice versa.
- A dynamo converts mechanical energy from a moving electrical conductor into electromagnetic energy and thus generates current.
- Kelly is currently employed as a motorcycle mechanic.