- large slender food and game fish widely distributed in warm seas (especially around Hawaii)
- the lean flesh of a saltwater fish found in warm waters (especially in Hawaii)
How To Use mahimahi In A Sentence
- This is Tobago's main fishing town and a great place to charter a pirogue to fish for mahimahi and marlin or to scuba dive at those boulders, known as The Sisters, you spied way out to sea on the trip into town.
- Kate chose the mahimahi with green chile sauce; Fiona decided on the coconut shrimp. Substitute Me
- Protein: two or three servings a day of organically fed poultry (skinless), seafood (non-bottom-feeders and small fish; think wild—including canned—salmon, trout, mahimahi, sea bass, flounder), eggs, low-fat dairy, and soy. You Raising Your Child
- For lunch, you have to go with the mahimahi sandwich but ask for the whole wheat bun instead of the kaiser roll. Under a Maui Moon
- We've seen a few dorado (aka mahimahi) skipping over the waves.
- The ‘Nuevo Latino ‘menu includes Caribbean chicken empanadas, grilled mahimahi and coconut rice and beans.’
- Swordfish, snapper, or albacore tuna can be substituted for the mahimahi. More of America’s Most Wanted Recipes
- From the boat we've already seen amazing sealife: red-footed boobies, frigate birds, iguanas, crocodiles, mahimahi, flying fish.
- Over mahimahi, taro, and pineapple salsa, Claire, Eric, and Bonnie went over the budget line by line. The Aloha Quilt
- The hum of satisfied diners is always heard at Kamuela's Cookhouse, formerly a farmhouse, and now an eatery that serves up everything from pancakes and sandwiches to grilled mahimahi and lemon chicken.