[ UK /lˈəʊkəs/ ]
[ US /ˈɫoʊkəs/ ]
[ US /ˈɫoʊkəs/ ]
- the scene of any event or action (especially the place of a meeting)
the set of all points or lines that satisfy or are determined by specific conditions
the locus of points equidistant from a given point is a circle
- the specific site of a particular gene on its chromosome
How To Use locus In A Sentence
- Washington jugeait "intenable" le blocus de l'enclave palestinienne qu'Israël a défendu cette semaine en tuant WN.com - Articles related to Pourquoi Obama et Sarkozy doivent s'investir au Proche-Orient
- Liberal proponents of American Values praise the freedom that opens the floodgates to gay marriage and pornography; conservatives, the liberty unleashing that locust plague called unrestrained capitalism; neo-conservatives the license for lying, murderous Machtpolitik. Founding Fathers vs. Church Fathers
- All these methods assume that there is no recombination, and they rely on the existence of a single simple coalescent history or genealogy for all sites in the locus.
- The autumn birds were singing; the autumn flowers were blooming; yellow golden rod and scarlet sumach glowed in the corners of the fences; locusts chirped in treetops; grasshoppers stridulated in the meadows, one or two of them making more noise than a whole drove of cattle lying peacefully chewing their cud beneath an umbrageous elm and lifting up their great, tranquil, blinking eyes to the morning sun. The Redemption of David Corson
- In his Decision Letter dated the 8th November 1999 the Inspector dealt with locus in paragraphs 3-11.
- The Los Zorros property covers the entire breadth of a regional anticlinorium in an area that is the locus of younger intrusive activity which intruded up through the fold-deformed lower Cretaceous section of volcaniclastic, siliclastic, and limestone formations and intrusive diorite sills. StreetInsider.com News Articles
- Phase change causes the locusts to swarm over vegetation, behavior that has wreaked havoc on crops in Africa and the Middle East for centuries.
- In a two-locus model, the gametic (and therefore genotypic) frequencies need not be constant across generations, even in the absence of selection, mutation, migration and drift, unlike in the one-locus case. Population Genetics
- Moreover, Valla's insistence on the will as the locus of moral behavior seems compromised by the predestinarianism advocated by the interlocutor “Lorenzo” in his dialogue De libero arbitrio (On Free Will). Lorenzo Valla
- If not radically reformed, it will continue to consume our freedom and earnings like a swarm of locusts consumes a wheat field until we in America are no better off than the simple serfs of feudal times.