[ UK /ləʊkˈɑːl/ ]
[ US /ɫoʊˈkæɫ/ ]
[ US /ɫoʊˈkæɫ/ ]
- the scene of any event or action (especially the place of a meeting)
How To Use locale In A Sentence
- Cela aurait été plus simple (moins intéressant?) de commencer par une conférence plus “locale” (public romand, ville romande et langue parlée en Suisse romande). Going Solo Venues, Open Stage, and Link Love — Climb to the Stars
- The fourth locale, Massachusetts, permitted a medical monitoring claim to move forward, but only because the tobacco plaintiffs in that lawsuit presented expert evidence regarding "subcellular" or other physiological changes. Law.com - Newswire
- Locale: Staging and dressing together constitute locale and their absence will render it "vague" or "vapid" -- though a writer might, of course, pare away the requisite details deliberately, in the same way they might pare away features distinguishing voice. Archive 2009-12-01
- I have not been a learner of foreign languages for any significant lengths of time to be able to introspect usefully for the benefit of your discussion, but I have noted how on those few occasions, the change of costumes and locale has a truly powerful effect on my motivation, my willingness to be playful and adventurous, to take risks and experiment with new or old-new phrases and words. I is for Identity « An A-Z of ELT
- The maps aren’t at all accurate though, including locales which have either been knocked down over the years (great chunks during WWII), are in disuse (lots of Underground stations), are hidden from the public, or never existed at all (Hobbs Lane). 2010 April « The Graveyard
- We had no idea why Zelda wanted to spend her evenings, which could obviously be spent in snazzier locales, with us. Excerpt: Love Stories in This Town by Amanda Eyre Ward
- My right leg finally made an appearance in the correct locale, opposite my left and below the hip joint.
- The locale was initial settled around 1740 by Moravian missionaries to a native Mahican village of Shekomeko. Archive 2009-11-01
- The play's five boys are school chums from a reasonably close British locale, while the two teen females are on the lam from Scotland, fleeing a stalking high school English teacher.
- No certainty has yet been attained in ascertaining the locale of many of these stations. Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible