[ US /ˈɫɑ/ ]
[ UK /lˈæ/ ]
[ UK /lˈæ/ ]
- a white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily; occurs in rare earth minerals and is usually classified as a rare earth
How To Use La In A Sentence
- The Staff of Volans has a limited supply of magic energy. Roll a dice after each spell is cast.
- There were 42 free-kicks, two penalties, four bookings and three players sent off, two of whom had to be escorted from the pitch by police.
- Jeff, clad in board trunks and a T-shirt, leans back in his chair with the lappie on his, uhhh, lap, and his bare feet up on the desk. Savages
- When the new foods that came from the Americas - peppers, summer squash and especially tomatoes - took hold in the region, a number of closely related dishes were born, including what we call ratatouille - and a man from La Mancha calls pisto, an Ikarian Greek calls soufiko and a Turk calls turlu. NYT > Home Page
- What we do not know are the precise weighting of factors that go into why prices increase at any particular time.
- If you wonder about ‘furphy’, as I did, here's a gloss and explanation.
- Richardson, are proprietors of shows, and the berouged, bedraggled creatures who exhibit on the platform outside for their living. Blackwood's Edinburgh Magazine — Volume 53, No. 327, January, 1843
- Some were members of Turkey's elite military class known as "pashas," a title of respect harking back to Ottoman military commanders Monday for allegedly planning to blow up mosques in order to trigger a military takeover and overthrow the WN.com - Photown News
- While on the way thither she fell in with a polacre-rigged ship flying the The Naval History of the United States Volume 1 (of 2)
- Lobefins today have dwindled to the lungfishes and the coelacanths ‘dwindled’ as ‘fish’, that is, but mightily expanded on land: we land vertebrates are aberrant lungfish. THE GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH