- a city in southern California; motion picture capital of the world; most populous city of California and second largest in the United States
How To Use L.A. In A Sentence
- copasetic" [used so nicely in "West L.A. Fadeaway"] -- and such stunts as dancing down Broadway in 1939 from Columbus Circle to 44th Street in celebration of his sixty-first birthday. The Annotated "Alabama Getaway"
- San Francisco poets Tarin Towers and Daphne Gottlieb, Eitan Kadosh from L.A. and Phoenix's Eirein Bradley barnstormed with O'Hara through 35 U.S. cities over the summer.
- It will be closer to L.A. without actually being there, and let's face it, the hotel room gouging is really out of hand. San Diego Convention Center Plans $753 million Expansion in Bid to Keep Comic-Con | /Film
- One year later, some dirtbags tried to blow up L.A. with a nuclear bomb, so Bauer had to punch in again.
- This week actor Alan Rachins, better known as the balding popinjay Douglas Brackman of "L.A. Law," shucks his pinstripes for something more daring. He Left His Briefs Behind
- Even the change in location from a gritty industrial city (Manchester, England) to a glossy, sunlit place like L.A. was a misstep that undermined the necessarily bleak tone.
- The Canadian designer Angella Mackey makes a women's shell with a snap-in LED light strip, and L.A.-based Aether's Transit jacket has understated reflective black strips. Easy Riders
- According to one law enforcement source, the investigation into the 13-year-old unsolved case was "reinvigorated" months ago as a result of new information, but the source would not elaborate further because of the ongoing investigation that includes the Los Angeles Police Department, L.A. Notorious B.I.G. Murder Investigation 'Reinvigorated' After New Information
- Air France in L.A. has a firm and continued hold on worst firearm service, although in recent years British Air has pluckily attempted to give Air Chance a run for their money. Flying with Guns
- Movie bombshell Megan Fox gave new meaning to the word transformer during a recent day out in L.A., when the sexy star, who is rarely seen without her signature dark eye makeup and slash of red lipstick, dared to go bare while picking up beauty supplies. Megan Fox Without Makeup (PHOTO)