[ US /ˈkɝdɪʃ/ ]
- an Iranian language spoken in Turkey and Iran and Iraq and Syria and Russia
of or relating to Kurdistan or the Kurds or their language and culture
How To Use Kurdish In A Sentence
- Radio and Television programmes in Kurdish are beginning and further development is planned. The Volokh Conspiracy » What’s Going on With Turkey
- Kurdish Moslems
- Other notable related Iranian languages include Persian, Kurdish, Balochi, Gilaki, spoken in the Middle East, and Ossetic, which is spoken in the Caucasus. Planet-x.com.au » Afghan
- That's not all. The Iraqi newspaper Al-Umma al-Iraqiyya carried an open letter signed by 400 Iraqi intellectuals, both Kurdish and Arab, defending Alusi.
- Kurdish leaders believe they need the oil fields and the rich agricultural land nearby to keep the region economically independent.
- Concerning the revival of Kurdish terrorism, the army is privately warning that it will close down the Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK) camps in neighboring Iraq if no one else does.
- The Kurdish region of northern Iraq does not yet face an existential crisis. Times, Sunday Times
- One targeted the intelligence service headquarters of the Kurdistan Democratic Party, which is led by Massoud Barzani, president of the semiautonomous northern Kurdish region. Bombs Kill 8 in Kurdish City
- Languages: Turkish (official), Kurdish, Dimli (or Zaza), Azeri, Kabardian note: there is also a substantial Gagauz population in the European part of Turkey Turkey
- A supporter of the pro-Kurdish DTP party flashes a victory sign as he waves a flag of the illegal Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK) during a rally in Diyarbakir November 25, 2007 .