- the largest city in India and one of the largest cities in the world; located in eastern India; suffers from poverty and overcrowding
How To Use Kolkata In A Sentence
- Adhikari is just about to begin a little durbar at the Contai municipal office, about 150 km from Kolkata. The Anti-Communist of West Bengal
- I have heard well-meaning Bengalis complain that Vilayat Khan only spoke pidgin Bengali despite having spent a good part of his life in Kolkata.
- Using extensive footage from his native birthplace in India, the film travels to his college in Kolkata continuing to his current abode at the Master's Lodge in Cambridge.
- Mr. Patel said jet fuel currently costs the most in Kolkata at 46,000 rupees per kiloliter. India to Form Ministers Panel for Jet Fuel Prices
- KOLKATA: Sixth-seeded Karan Rastogi failed to take his good form to a justifiable end as fifth-seeded Murad Inoyatov of Uzbekistan foiled his title bid in the final of the $15,000 The Hindu - Front Page
- While a Kolkata newspaper always carried a diary on the sidelights of life in the city, a Delhi newspaper devoted space to some unknown and many forgotten traditions, legends and monuments of the city.
- The Kolkata-headquartered company also operates 17 coal beneficiation facilities with an aggregate designed feedstock capacity of 39.40 million tons annually. Coal India Files Draft Papers for $2.8 Billion IPO
- February 14th, 2009 KOLKATA - A major train accident was averted in West Bengal Sunday when a railway worker spotted a crack in a rail track fishplate and stopped a train. Gaea Times (by Simple Thoughts) Breaking News and incisive views 24/7
- For instance, in May, Core Projects and Technologies Ltd, an education solutions provider, acquired ITN Mark Education, a U.K.-based provider of teachers and teaching assistants, for $25 million and DMC Education acquired Kolkata-based education consulting firm Plansteps for about $10 million. Pearson Education Seeks Larger Presence in India
- 8 Jul 2009, 2305 hrs IST, TNN Text: RANCHI/KOLKATA: Jharkhand and West police bosses met in Ranchi to chart out a blueprint of a joint minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee has submitted a report to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in which he has squarely blamed the Naxalites for inciting farmers not merely in Nandigram, WN.com - Articles related to CJI criticises media for coverage on terror attacks