- an island off southern Alaska in the Gulf of Alaska; site of the first European settlement in the area which was founded by the Russians in 1784
How To Use Kodiak Island In A Sentence
- The Kodiak Island Borough welcomes you to Alaskas beautiful Emerald Isle, its government and services.
- A Pacific salmon struggles to swim up a stream on Kodiak Island.
- Horowitz photographed this brown bear on Alaska's Kodiak Island. The retiree used a 70 - 200 mm zoom lens.
- Untouched wilderness is everywhere in Alaska. Spruce trees on Kodiak Island are almost entirely covered in soft moss.