- a game in which jackstones are thrown and picked up in various groups between bounces of a small rubber ball
How To Use knucklebones In A Sentence
- The pain that shot through my knucklebones and up my hand felt good. Darkness Becomes Her
- Instead, she sees women with spines that move like ribbons of knucklebones beneath their sweat-soaked leotards, and a short, barrel-chested man with a bald head like Daddy Warbucks who yells for them to do it higher! Boys and Girls Like You and Me
- It was a scene of primeval wilderness in the midst of managed National Trust landscape, made all the more mystical by the fact we were standing on a small, circular platform of sheep knucklebones. Country diary: Allen Banks, Northumberland
- Apart from the huge variety of dice games, there were many games of dextrous skill such as knucklebones.
- Buzul-bazi is a game like marbles or dice, played with sheep's knucklebones.
- She wove our clothes, played knucklebones, snakes & ladders, lined up with other women at the well, walked home balancing the vase on her head as she balanced our family, the oikos. Parents
- Instead of clumps of oak and elm, the West is populated with chapparal of thorns and pungent with oils (I only know that after having walked among ‘em, since we don’t yet have smell-o-vision) and rock outcroppings like giant knucklebones stacked on one another, carved out of red rock or bleaching granite. Strangeways – Behind the Scenes – 03 | Robot 6 @ Comic Book Resources – Covering Comic Book News and Entertainment
- Here and there amid this enormous game of knucklebones there could be traced the imaginary ruins of medieval cities with forts and dungeons, pepper-box turrets, and machicolated towers. Robur the Conqueror