empty (as of tobacco) by knocking out
knocked out a pipe
knock out a target
knock unconscious or senseless
the boxing champion knocked out his opponent in a few seconds
overwhelm with admiration
All the guys were knocked out by her charm
destroy or break forcefully
The windows were knocked out
How To Use knock out In A Sentence
- If they can find a way to knock out that gene in the cherimoya, it could bring Mark Twain's favorite fruit, and many others, to a grocery store near you.
- We did Chi Gong, went in for peritoneal taps every 10 days (extracting from his stomach cavity 5 to 6 liters of ascites fluid buildup each time), meditated, kept a healer busy 20 to 30 hours a week, interviewed oncologists looking for specific chemotropic agents to knock out his tumors, took saunas, and maintained a very positive state of mind. Dal LaMagna: My Friend, Derek Lamb
- So there is no point establishing his suit as declarer will duck again and knock out your ace of clubs. Times, Sunday Times
- Many of these plants are repeated in her own yard such as coral bells (heuchera), Thunberg spiraea (Spirea thunbergii 'Ogon') and "Knock Out" roses. Gardening's Final Frontier: the 'Hellstrip'
- Pizza boxes would be kicked to knock out the roaches and the mice droppings before being used for a delivery.
- It has everything the other one had, and a lot more, because it'll be cram-full of supplies to be used in case of a general blitz that would knock out everything on the planet. The Cosmic Computer
- ‘We have to confirm it,’ he says of the new grant in which researchers will use different drugs to mimic aging, drugs that knock out L-arginine and tetrahydrobiopterin, to try to create an aged artery and restudy estrogen's impact.
- There are no rail or road nets to attack, no ammunition dumps to bomb, no bridges to knock out.
- Be careful not to overmix and knock out the air bubbles. Times, Sunday Times
- Men come from up-country with a big cheque to knock out -- shearers and men like that, who live in the backblocks for months, hundreds of miles from hotels. Captivity