cause to come or go down
The mugger knocked down the old lady after she refused to hand over her wallet
The policeman downed the heavily armed suspect
- shatter as if by explosion
knock down with force
He decked his opponent
How To Use knock down In A Sentence
- If they decide to knock down perfectly decent houses, that's their decision - they have to be answerable for that.
- We're all fighting to knock down stereotypical images of older men and women that cause more damage than good in society. Times, Sunday Times
- We'll have more space if we knock down the adjoining wall .
- Trying to knock down the bedroom door with the skillet, I was able to see another door opening across the hall.
- You persuaded me to give up that silly drink they call sherry, and drink ale; and what was it but drinking ale which gave me courage to knock down that fellow The Romany Rye A Sequel to 'Lavengro'
- He wanted to knock down a bank.
- Villagers south of York are fighting plans to knock down a derelict health centre and build three new houses in its stead.
- It is assumed that the ancient players had become so expert that they could always knock down any single kayle-pin, or any two kayle-pins that stood close together. The Canterbury Puzzles And Other Curious Problems
- B efore Soros, Helmut Kohl used the deutsche mark to breach the Berlin Wall–a wall that no one had ever been able to knock down using artillery shells. Those “self-executing rules”
- Throwing strikes is great because you knock down all 10 pins and don't have to shoot a spare.