be around; be alive or active
Does the old man still kick around?
strike against forcefully
Winds buffeted the tent
How To Use knock about In A Sentence
- Singing to a half of the stick when it comes to knock about with the strange.
- Ah, you knock about longa them boys, eh?
- I used to knock about with all the lads from round where Mum lives.
- A nailer is a man who makes nails.] that knock about the poor collier-boys; and the nailers that file off their lads 'noses and hammer their fingers; and all the master sweeps, like my master Grimes? Journeys Through Bookland, Vol. 2
- Most of the people I knock about with are in the union.