- a sock or stocking that reaches up to just below the knees
up to the knees
we were standing knee-deep in the water
How To Use knee-high In A Sentence
- There's a chipper old boozehound in knee-high tubesocks, chatting up the package store clerk.
- The young marsh rabbit has made it to the far bank, a knee-high jungle of ragged palmettos like miniature palm trees.
- She was dressed in a leather jacket, a mini skirt, and knee-high boots.
- This cheap cartoon series has caused a knee-high gold rush, as children stampede to spend their monthly allowance (once known as pocket money) on the cult.
- He stands out from the crowd with his dyed red hair and knee-high socks. Times, Sunday Times
- I have seen him in a kilt teamed with knee-high socks. Times, Sunday Times
- Cadfael had it on his conscience afterwards that it might well have been his neighbourly attentions that caused his companion to lay down his sickle under the tree, and forget to pick it up again when his youngest son, a frogling knee-high, came hopping to call his father to his midday bread and ale. The Devil's Novice
- Model tall, she's a Greek goddess cloaked in black from the top of her turtleneck to the toes of her knee-high leather boots. Nancy Ruhling: Astoria Characters: The Shows Girl
- They faced the camera in their dungarees and jeans and cowboy-style holsters and knee-high boots.
- First Lady of California Maria Shriver hit the polls in Los Angeles on Tuesday decked out in dark duds, sunglasses, knee-high boots and a cross necklace. Maria Shriver Wears All Black, Cross Necklace To Vote (PHOTOS, POLL)