How To Use King of Great Britain In A Sentence
- King of Great Britain, and that the other in company with him was a prize he had taken; that he was going into Canton River to shelter himself against the hurricanes which were then coming on; and that as soon as the monsoon shifted he should proceed for England. Anson's Voyage Round the World The Text Reduced
- The House of Commons, too, was horrified at the notion of a Scottish king styling himself ‘King of Great Britain’.
- The President of the United States would be an officer elected by the people for four years; the king of Great Britain is a perpetual and hereditary prince.
- Mr. President and Gentlemen of the Empire Club, -- The linking of Great Britain and America, in a high emprise is always welcome to a British or an American audience. Great Britain and America in the Service of the World
- James himself adopted the new style of King of Great Britain and designed a new flag, incorporating the St Andrew's saltire and the St George's cross.
- It's also named for the deposed Catholic king of Great Britain, James II and VII, who inspired what became known as the Jacobite movement. Thestar.com - Home Page