- a cathode-ray tube in a television receiver; translates the received signal into a picture on a luminescent screen
How To Use kinescope In A Sentence
- It those days, television was distributed for syndication on something they called kinescope, or sixteen millimeter black and white movie film played directly into a machine for conversion to video on local TV stations.
- He listened on the radio, but hired a kinescope company to record the game for later viewing. Dreaming of the 1960 World Series? Bing Crosby will bring it to you
- Look up the word, "kinescope," and you will see that suggestion is really going back to the future. Art Brodsky: Nancy Reagan's Internet Solution for Whining Newspapers
- This 1959 live TV drama, which survives on DVD via a kinescope, is one of the few that made it to the screen. 2009 August : Scrubbles.net
- Since kinescopes of Susskind's shows are tied up in litigation, this cannot be confirmed.
- Up to this point, only grainy film-based kinescope footage was available. Apollo 11 Remastered Tapes - NASA Watch
- Years later when I watched some old kinescopes, the only part of the show that held my interest was the daily installment of Tom Terrific.
- The fantasy itself is ‘drawn out’ of archival TV kinescopes, wondrously haunted artifacts of mid-century media archeology.
- That is the kind of damage one would expect from an old kinescope, not a show filmed in 35 mm and on top-notch film stock.
- The spots were done on film rather than kinescope, which helps a lot.