- the common bean plant grown for the beans rather than the pods (especially a variety with large red kidney-shaped beans)
- large dark red bean; usually dried
How To Use kidney bean In A Sentence
- Almonds, walnuts, kidney beans, lentils, chickpeas and sunflower seeds are healthy options.
- Add the kidney beans, chopped tomatoes, tomato purée, and cocoa powder, and then allow the mixture to simmer for as long as you like, stirring occasionally.
- The soup was tomato, which had cooked for a while so the flavours had deepened, checkered with kidney beans and conchiglie, or shell-shaped pasta.
- Serve with a red kidney bean salad.
- I took extra aromatics from the prep work for the main dish (i.e., onion, garlic, ginger, sweet bell pepper), fried them in a little oil, added one can of coconut milk (I used light for this) and 1 can of drained and rinsed kidney beans, brought it to a boil, added 2 cups of rinsed long grain rice and then added water to cover by 3/4 inch (maybe 1 cup about). Monthly Mingle: Caribbean Chicken Fricassee, Maybe
- Smaller than kidney beans, red beans have a unique oval shape and are typically used in chili products and mixes.
- Brown basmati rice and dark red kidney beans combine with fresh fruits and vegetables in this colorful main-dish salad.
- All the mains are served with rice and peas, a Jamaican staple (the rice is cooked in coconut milk with, confusingly, kidney beans), plantain and a basic salad.
- Finally, a lectin found in raw kidney bean, phytohaemagglutinin, was found to reduce the rate of an NHL tumor in mice.
- Certain foods such as kidney beans and artichokes cause an overproduction of bacteria in the stomach, which can in turn lead to excessive flatulence.